I recently installed LogAnalyzer, and after the install completed I noticed that nothing was being displayed in the web interface. I figured I fat fingered something, but needed a way to verify this. Luckily for me I was using MySQL, so I enabled MySQL query logging and low and behold I proved my hypothesis:
120212 12:09:33 6 Connect rsyslog@localhost on 6 Init DB Access denied for user 'rsyslog'@'%' to database 'Syslog'
To fix this I logged into the database and changed the password for the rsyslog user:
mysql -u root -h localhost --password
mysql> **use Syslog** mysql> **SET PASSWORD FOR rsyslog = PASSWORD ("XXXXXXXXX");**
Everything began working once the application could authenticate, and I was able to start playing around with LogAnalyzer. Noting this here in case I fat finger another password in the future. :)