Validating SMF manifests with xmllint

I recently created SMF manifests for a few services I support. When I ran svccfg to import one of the manifests, it spit out the following error indicating that it couldn’t parse the document:

$ svccfg import wls92.xml
svccfg: couldn’t parse document

Since the svccfg error message didn’t provide the number line that was causing the problem, I decided to run xmllint to see where the problem was:

$ xmllint wls92.xml

wls92.xml:13: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch: ervice_bundle line 3 and service_bundle </service_bundle>

It turns out that when I cut and pasted text into the new manifest, I left out a left bracket and the letter s. It’s all about getting your lint on!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *